2 cups half & half
1 cup heavy cream
4 oz. egg substitute
2 tbs. sugar
4 (1.5 oz. each) chocolate covered peppermint patties cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6 hard peppermint candies, crushed at last minute or 2-3 drops peppermint oil (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine half & half, cream, egg substitute, sugar, salt.
- Add peppermint patties and vanilla, process on high.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Blend for a few seconds before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Follow standard instructions.
- Pour the hard candies (or prppermint oil) through the opening of the clear-vue lid 1-2 minutes before the freezing process is complete.